Where I've Been and Hope To Be

Where I've Been and Hope To Be

Saturday, March 1, 2014

February Recap

I was out for the count for 5 days of the first week of February with a horrible head cold.  It was terrible timing since I had really gotten into some serious training at the end of January.  But I got back on track as quickly as possible.  So here are my stats for February:


Run 17.69 miles.  Not good.  It's way down from last month.  That's the wrong direction.  If Mother Nature would PUHLEESE cooperate, some longer outdoor runs would be welcome.

Bike  65.08 miles.  Again thanks to the indoor trainer.  I did get one long outdoor ride in.  Its amazing how the same bike saddle doesn't hurt on outdoor rides, but makes some sensitive areas sore super quick while riding on the trainer.

Swim  12.10 miles.  Up almost 3 miles from last month despite missing a few practices.  Swimming is probably my most improved discipline.

Races By George 5K and Tri To Help Indoor Triathlon.

Current Reads 3/4 of the way done with The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker.  I cannot seem to get away from crap books lately.  Read the first book in the Vampire Academy Series (movie coming out later this year.)  It was decent.

Current Obsession Mentally planning and replanning every minute of my day to make sure that I fit everything in.  It's not particularly healthy and I think I need to go with the flow a bit more.  Ok, a lot more.  But when I go with the flow, necessary things tend not to get done.  I need a personal assistant.  Who doesn't?

Current Song The theme song from Orange is the New Black.  I'm working my way through the first season of this show while I ride the bike on the trainer.  I don't particularly like the song, but it gets stuck in my head and stays.

Current Need More hours in the day.  A lot more.  So basically nothing has changed from January.

Current Triumph Finishing 2600 swimming yards last Wednesday in a one hour practice.


Current Bane of My Existence Snow.  I'm over it.  Way over it.

Current Goal Continue to make date time/date nights a priority and continue to enjoy the fun Hubby and I had on our night out in Baltimore.


Current Excitement Went to happy hour last night with some new triathlete friends and I'm really looking forward to spending a lot of this season getting to know them and both giving and getting race support.

1 comment:

  1. Nice stats for February! As for the current interests, I've been reading the vamp academy book at the moment too. And awesome achievements! It's good that spring is on full gear now so snow will be a distant memory by this time, I guess. As for the current obsession, I would suggest getting a planner. Believe me, I had the habit of mental planning too, but It's really inefficient in the long run. Good luck with your goals this month, and the next!

    Ben @ Sorted-PA.com

    ReplyDelete